My goal of blogging something every day is not working due to lack of interesting things happening, but here are some bulletpoints from the past few days.
- First, pregnancy update. Lauren is doing well at 38 weeks and her most recent appointment on Friday morning showed everything was normal. She’s feeling pretty uncomfortable most of the time with pelvic pains, but what else is to be expected at this stage.
- I have put on weight during Lauren’s pregnancy as I’ve given in to every one of her cravings, including yesterday’s trip to Round Rock Donut… totally worth the calories! Austin has a very high rate of awesome donut shops per capita. I am back up to nearly 250 pounds, which is about 20 pounds heavier than I was at the wedding 5 years ago. I hope to lose some of that after the baby is here.
- I was tagged in a video on Facebook from the big Jake Drotzman-Jordan Erickson wedding in Yankton last night. The wedding crowd was arm-in-arm, swaying and singing “Tiny Dancer” with the old college lyrics “hold me closer Ryan Glanzer.” It was very touching to see that close to a decade after DSU that version of the song lives on.
- Two mundane tasks that I constantly fail at in the kitchen are frying eggs and rolling out pizza dough, though I did make a great leap forward with a semi-successful dough roll on Friday night.
- I am considering investing a few hundred dollars in a stock, at the suggestion of friend Brian Mego. I recently closed out a life insurance policy and thought I’d attempt to parlay that money into a big score.
- Since Lauren gets to drive the fancy new CR-V, she surprised me with gifts for the old car which I will continue to drive: an expandable auxiliary cord for hooking my phone into the car, and a complete detailing inside and out at the local car wash. So thoughtful!