So, I went to Las Vegas with Bart and we pretty much did it up The Hangover style.
I am not going to go into too many details, but here were the trip highlights.
- I flew on Allegiant Air for $55 each way. I was worried going in because of negative reviews, but it was a perfectly good flight, large plane, lots of leg room (if you pay the $21 exit row fee), and very punctual.
- We took in a private party at Hakkasan hosted by Mashable with a free open bar from 7-10, where we met famed supermodel/actor Tyson Beckford. We also hung out with former work associate Ryan Swerdloff.
- Friday we visited the Consumer Electronics Show and met up with the old Microboards gang.
- Friday afternoon we detoxed with a trip to the spa at the hotel. There’s nothing wrong with two dudes in robes sweating out a bunch of alcohol from the night before!
- Friday night we did karaoke at a piano bar and enjoyed our tamest night of the trip even though we didn’t turn in until after 3.
- Saturday I met up with former WLHS buds Dusty Hovde and Jay LaBay. Dusty drove us downtown and we ate at Heart Attack Grill and reminisced over a few more brews.
- Saturday night we returned for more karaoke at the piano bar and then Bart’s friend got us into an exclusive night club where we were drastically underdressed compared to the other thousand people there.
- Sunday morning I flew home and slept a whole lot.
Las Vegas once again was a legendary time, but I don’t think I can party that much again. My poor organs really were overworked. But all told it was pretty inexpensive and a nice break from the old routine.