My 28th birthday has come and gone, and as usual, it was strung out into a multiple day celebration! Friday night, Lauren and I joined Tim and Kate for the audience participation play “Bye Bye Liver” at Hennepin Stages downtown. I think we all had an excellent time, and the show certainly lived up to its name.

Biiiiig four!
Lauren and Kate made fast friends with this couple who sat with us at the play.

Saturday, I shaved the beard down to a moustache—not because I thought it looked good, but because I thought it would be funny and Lauren strongly urged me to do so. I took in my first fantasy football draft with the gang at Buffalo Wild Wings in Savage, and received some strange looks as well as some compliments.

The stache in all its glory.
The 'stache in all its glory.

That night, I invited some friends out to Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar & Grill in St. Louis Park to celebrate my birthday. I had fun, but there were over 1,000 people there and there was a line to get in and it was hard to hear with a live band playing. Not quite the same experience as the one in Las Vegas which I enjoy so much. But thanks to all those who came out that night! It was, to say the least, a mixed crowd.

Roscoe and Feeney
Man and beagle alike were exhausted after Lauren's Mexican-themed dinner.

Sunday, Lauren invited a small group over for a birthday dinner, which included braised carnitas and chicken as part of a taco bar. She even made a variety of homemade ice cream sandwiches for dessert! What a kind little wife!

Lauren made ice cream sandwiches.
Pumpkin/ginger, chocolate/mint, and chocolate/Guiness were the sandwich combos!

Monday was my actual birthday, and I sat back and basked in the glory of the Facebook greetings that came in throughout the day. After work we had another men’s softball double-header. While pitching in the first game, I was drilled with a line drive in the wrist, which immediately swelled up and throbbed. The opponents tended to my injury as I headed to the bench and Patrick was brought in to pitch. Later in the second game, I returned to the game and played some outfield where Tom Becker and I nearly collided running for a foul ball, but we miraculously avoided each other and the ball happened to fall into my glove for the final out.

In my next blog I will show you the new sports jerseys I bought for $21 apiece from a Chinese website.

Also, my mother, Marcie Ann Glanzer, encourages you to go vote for her basement in some type of house contest. By the looks of it, she is showing off her modern, yet retro-styled basement! $10,000 is on the line, so go vote this instant!