Just for the sake of updating, I will update even though nothing interesting is happening and I don’t really feel like it!
- The next TV series we’re hammering through is a bit of a surprise, and a bit of a guilty pleasure. Lauren started watching Desperate Housewives from the beginning and though I tried to ignore it, every time that damn Marcia Cross came on screen I would find myself unable to look away. So I just gave in and started watching along with her.
- Lauren and I will be taking in MLB games in both Texas stadiums in the next few weeks. June 2 we’ll be joined by the new-to-Austin Barts and venturing back to Houston for a game vs. the Reds, and a month later Hot Lunch Precious Metal comes to town and we’re taking in the Twins and Rangers.
- Work has been over-the-top busy of late. I have more e-mail templates to come up with than I can possibly keep up with. We need to hire the Patrick replacement asap!
- Lauren proved once again she’s the lady for me—she came home from the grand opening of a new Whole Foods Wednesday night with 15 pounds of meat, a bunch of beer, and various cookies in tow. How did she know that meat, beer, and cookies were my favorites?
- I don’t care much for the NHL Playoffs, but how is no one talking about the LA Kings, owners of a losing record and the #8 seed, just two wins away from the Stanley Cup Finals? A losing record?!
- Baxter celebrated his first birthday last Friday and celebrated with balloons, party hats, a gourmet doggy cookie, and a few new bones. He even got a present in the mail from uncles Rufus and Buster back on the farm in Carpenter!